'The school is highly successful in meeting its aims to provide a high quality, broadly based education for girls in a happy, stimulating and safe environment, supported by a strong pastoral system’
ISI Inspection Report 2011
and make quality products.
Pupils learn how to work with different tools and materials, and to understand how everyday things work.
In the words of James Dyson… ‘Using your hands and brains to solve problems is an enormous creative challenge’
Years 7, 8 and 9 Pupils experience a range of tools, machines and processes in the workshop, in order to design and make a variety of products in wood, metal and plastic.
Years 10 – 11 Pupils follow the AQA Resistant Materials course.
The GCSE comprises 60% coursework, completed in Yr 11 and consisting of a design and make project selected by the pupil. A written paper accounts for the remaining 40%.
Years 12 – 13 Pupils follow the AQA Product Design course at AS and A2. It is very much a practical course, which builds on skills learned at GCSE. There is a large coursework element and a written paper at both AS and A2.